AMNN is Museums Australia’s newest National Network, officially launching after final approval by the MA National Council at the September 2010 National Council Meeting in Melbourne.
AMNN has a $250 joining fee and is a Network open to Community Aviation Museums as Institutional members of Museums Australia focusing on co-operation, support and development of volunteer-run aviation museums.
Our objectives are to:
- Develop an interactive network of communication by co-operation and self help between participating volunteer based aviation museums in Australia.
- Further the preservation of Australian aviation heritage and the ongoing successful development and operation of existing and future aviation museums.
- Improve the operation of volunteer or community based not-for-profit aviation museums and collections.
- Adopt Museums Australia standards and accreditation.
- Promote aviation preservation to governments, industry and the general public.
- Adopt and operate Museums Australia Code of Ethics.
Please note that, in accordance with the Museums Australia Constitution and By-Laws, all members of Museums Australia National Networks must be current members of Museums Australia.